Sunday 28 April 2013

Question Three

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

Through my research I specifically looked at 20th Century Fox. This was because it was a popular distribution company that almost everyone knew about. Therefore I wanted to make my title sequence similar to theirs and more mainstream rather than appealing to a niche audience and distribution company. 


 



This distribution company’s title sequence of ’27 Dresses’ is not similar to mine due to few titles as the only titles evident are: 20th Century Fox, Spy Glass Entertainment and 27 Dresses.
Paramount, is more relevant to my film due to having a lot of titles like in 'Mean Girls'.
The distribution of films in extremely important as it is brings the film to life and connects it with an audience. Also, in the UK, distribution is mainly focussed on marketing and sustaining global products such as films in local markets. The main distribution can be divided into three different stages, these consists of:  Licensing, Marketing and Logistics. It is the logistics responsibility of the distributor to arrange the transportation of the film to the cinema; this is part of a wider coordination of print usage in the UK.  Furthermore, it supplies and circulates copies of the film to theatres, DVD to shops and rental stores. However, it is a time pressured process.
I would like 20th Century Fox to distribute my film. I would like this to be done by having it advertised on social media sites such as Twitter, Youtube and Facebook as it would relate to the psychographics of my target audience.   Similarly, I would like my film to be advertised in magazines such as Mizz and Shout as this would relate to the demographics of my target audience. 


<iframe src="http://prezi.com/embed/nlxusbptjzlp/?bgcolor=ffffff&amp;lock_to_path=1&amp;autoplay=0&amp;autohide_ctrls=0&amp;features=undefined&amp;disabled_features=undefined" width="550" height="400" frameBorder="0"></iframe>    - Prezi!



No comments:

Post a Comment