Tuesday 30 April 2013

Question Four


Who would be the audience for your media product? 

Through my research of Classification Categories it immediately became evident to me that I either wanted my audience to appear in the classification of a 12 or a 15. However, due to more extensive research and talking to an audience aged 13 and an audience aged 15+ it became clear that my film would appeal more to the classification of 12. I think that this is due to a plot being quite tame and not having an immediate reference to sexual activity and violent language without justification.


Lucy (aged 13)
"Hi, my name is Lucy and I love going to the cinema to watch new films. I really like to watch films that are funny but have romance in them as well, like Angus Thongs and Perfect Snogging, Wild Child, Mean Girls and Clueless. The reason I like these films is that they are mainly funny and I really like the actors in them. They are the sort of people that I find in magazines. Also, I like these films because I can see them on my own without my parents and have a good time instead of watching silly cartoons. It is like I am watching a cool grown up film but not at the same time. After watching this film opening, I would like to see this film, especially because I thought it was hilarious when Joe slipped over!"

http://www.voki.com/pickup.php?scid=8035653&height=267&width=200


Fact File:

Age group- 12- 16

Gender- mainly female

They are most likely to watch at the cinema: Twilight, Pitch Perfect 




In their spare time they will use media products such as iPad, iPhone, iPod, Facebook, Youtube.


When with friends they might: go to the cinema, go into their town during the day with friends, shopping, McDonalds


Clothing: New Look, Topshop, River Island, Hollister 










No comments:

Post a Comment